Why does everyone like stretch ceiling?
Quick and clean installation
Does not require surface preparation
Forms a perfectly flat and smooth surface
Unaffected by moisture
Choice of color and texture
15 years warranty on material
Stretch ceilings: original design and practical benefits!
Calculate the cost of your stretch ceiling installation + fabric
*Actual cost may vary depending on the choice of material and installation complexity
How to order yout stretch ceiling
Call for free estimate from certified installers
Choose your style and color of the ceiling
Installers will provide you with a catalog of materials along with the estimate
Find out the price
and choose the date and time of your installation
Why order with us
We are the manufacturer
A wide choice of material
Installation on the day after the measurement possible
Installation only by qualified specialists
15-year warranty on the material for 15 years!
What is a stretch ceiling? Your possible solution to many problems. The No.1 advantage stretch ceiling systems offer is a perfectly smooth ceiling, which may become a prominent and exciting element of your home’s interior design. You can rest assured that your stretch ceiling will never crack and won’t gather mold or dust. Unlike an ordinary drop-ceiling, popcorn ceiling, or regular drywall ceiling, a stretch ceiling won’t get crumbly or discolored with time.To get a better idea of what a stretched ceiling is, picture a beautiful glass ceiling made of a single piece of glass.
Like this already?
Read on then. We offer a wide selection of pleasant colors for your future stretch ceiling, so you can pick your favorite or whatever matches your interior best. You can choose the type of finish: glossy, matte, or satin.
It’s a common concern that a stretch ceiling installation may take long or create a mess like other types of construction work. The good news is, with a stretch ceiling installation this is not the case! The entire process takes just a few hours and typically leaves no debris or dust in the room.
Let’s go over the advantages a stretched ceiling offers in comparison to a drop-ceiling, popcorn ceiling, and regular drywall ceiling – and even to refreshing your existing ceiling job with a touch of paint here and there.
The advantages are, in fact, obvious.
— Only stretch ceiling systems give a perfectly flat ceiling surface, just like a sheet of glass.
— A stretch ceiling won’t get discolored with time. You won’t have to paint the ceiling over and over again.
— Stretch ceilings never crack nor crumble.
— A stretched ceiling is resistant to mold and mildew. Stretch ceiling is moisture-proof.
— It reflects well on you: if you pick a warm glossy finish for your stretch ceiling, it will visually enlarge the space of your room. And you’ll just need to look up in order to see a proud owner of a new stretch ceiling in the reflection!
— Last but not least, stretch ceiling installation requires no preparation of the existing ceiling surface. For example, if you have no regular drywall ceiling in the basement and want to cover all those pipes and cables, go ahead and have our friendly professionals install a stretch ceiling system – and save on the regular drywall ceiling installation, plaster and paint along the way.
Make the right choice and go with stretch ceiling systems – an attractive, affordable, and long-lasting solution for your home.
A modern stretch ceiling is an extremely versatile ceiling system that can fit practically any shape and be installed in virtually any kind of room (great idea for a bathroom ceiling), with only a few exceptions. We advise against installing stretch ceilings in the following cases:
• a room with a low structural ceiling;
• a room exposed to cold (40°F or cooler);
• a hot area such as a sauna;
• a room intended for physical activity that may damage the stretch ceiling;
• most outdoor locations.
Other than that, you can install a stretch ceiling system pretty much anywhere. For instance, if you live in a place that has a year-round warm climate, you can have a stretch ceiling safely installed in a gazebo or a porch. Also, stretch ceilings can be readily shaped into complex, multiple decorative objects to cover a larger area or achieve wonderful interior design effects—although in this case we’d say it’s better to turn to a qualified professional installer for assistance.
A simpler stretch ceiling design involves one stretched membrane that covers the entire ceiling area and adds pleasant visual effects to a living room or bedroom.
• a photograph of the sky at noon with a few beautiful clouds;
• a clear midnight sky shot, with the constellations actually visible at your location;
• a simulation print of an old-fashioned luxury molded ceiling complete with cornices, etc.;
• a deep forest canopy photo taken from below.Combining picture prints with stretch ceiling finishes and other features such as LED lighting offers even more great design options.
• the installation doesn’t call for structural ceiling preparation;
• installation creates no debris typical for construction/home improvement works;
• the installation process is simple and quick;
• the ceiling membrane doesn’t discolor or crack with time;
• the membrane is moisture-proof and mold-resistant;
• smooth surface is extremely easy to clean;
• the reflective ceiling works like a ceiling mirror and visually adds space;
• can be easily customized with printed designs and various shapes.When it comes to the financial side of things, stretch ceilings are an excellent option. First of all, no prep work on the structural ceiling means savings on both materials and man-hours. Secondly, in many cases the installation is so simple that it doesn’t require professional services, and you can safely DIY. Finally, the durability and low maintenance requirements of stretch ceiling systems translate into even more savings in the long run!
• lighting fixtures;
• air duct openings;
• air ducts and pipes;
• high-voltage wiring;
• thick or multiple cables;
• smoke detectors;
• fire sprinklers;
• surveillance cameras.In most cases, engineering pipes and ducts are located beyond the structural ceiling and have no effect on the stretch ceiling installation height. Sometimes, however, the purpose of installing a stretch ceiling is to cover an air duct or pipework for a more pleasant appearance. In this case, the installation calls for more space. Similarly, certain types of lighting fixtures and other appliances may demand installation at a lower level.
no preparation of the structural (“real”) ceiling is required;
it’s enough to provide good access to the walls throughout the perimeter and cover polished furniture with paper or cloth to prepare the room for the installation;
the process itself begins with mounting the perimeter track sections to the walls;
the rest is basically heating up the ceiling membrane and tucking its edges securely into the track.So we’d say the essence of the process is fairly simple. Note, however, that additional factors such as multiple lighting fixtures or two-level ceiling setup may complicate the work significantly and require even the best professional installers to spend more time on the project.
If installing a stretch ceiling system is a part of a larger renovation project, it’s important to determine the right moment to install your stretch ceiling or call the pros to do this for you. The rule of the thumb is to start stretch ceiling installation when all the messier tasks are already completed. This is an excellent way to make sure the delicate ceiling membrane won’t get accidentally damaged with a sharp tool or a piece of construction material. Also, all the work on the walls and floor surface in the room should be finished before you invite the ceiling installers—otherwise it might be hard to install the stretch ceiling parallel to the floor and at the right angle to the walls.If you’re planning to cover the walls with a decorative or functional materials, like wallpaper in the bedroom or panels in the bathroom, it’s up to you to choose and approve which job the contractors do first. However, when installing panels or tilework first, it’s a wonderful idea to double-check that there’s no empty space between the structural wall and upper rows of the tiles.
• unless your stretched ceiling got stained or splattered, there’s no real need to wash it;
• don’t use solid objects, abrasive surfaces, or hard-bristle mops and brushes to clean your stretch ceiling;
• caustic chemicals or strong solvents cannot be used for cleaning a stretch ceiling.Using a soft cloth with mild dishwasher liquid or warm soapy water for cleaning is a good call. Dust can be alternatively collected with a vacuum cleaner, but in this case you must be extra careful so as not to poke the delicate surface.
• complex chandelier, pendant, or spotlight arrangements;
• combination of ambient and accent lighting;
• LED tape;
• optical fibers;
• and others.
By and large, a typical stretch ceiling installation gives a quick and neat result. After all, getting the perimeter track sections screwed onto the walls and heating up the membrane are much cleaner kinds of construction work than installing a drywall or painting.Nonetheless, good access to the upper part of the walls all around the room is an absolute requirement for stretch ceiling installation. This means the furniture likely needs to be either moved away from the walls or temporarily taken out of the room altogether.
You might ask whether a polished or a heat-sensitive furniture surface may get damaged during the installation. The asnwer is yes, but this doesn’t make it necessary to remove the furniture – it’s usually enough to cover the sensitive surfaces securely with a thick cloth to keep them from getting scratched or too warm.
What’s really wonderful about a stretch ceiling system is that usually it’s not necessary to do any prep work on the structural ceiling (the “real” ceiling in the room) prior to the installation. If the structural ceiling is more or less level and in good functional condition, you can just go right ahead and start installing the stretch ceiling.The exceptions to this rule are plain and easy to remember. First of all, if the roof above the room leaks frequently—or, in case of an apartment building, your neighbors upstairs tend to leave the water running—we recommend that you repair the roof or talk to your neighbors before starting the installation. Although the stretch ceiling PVC membrane is waterproof, frequent or massive leakages may cause drooping and other undesirable effects.
Secondly, it’s an excellent idea to examine the structural ceiling for signs of cracking plaster, loose wires, and such. If you can tell there’s something of the sort, you’d better repair the structural ceiling before installation.
The PVC membrane that is the main element of a modern stretch ceiling system is thin and delicate. This is why we call for careful consideration of the surroundings before installing a stretch ceiling. In particular, you should ask yourself how you intend to use the room where the stretch ceiling is going to be installed. For instance, a stretch ceiling and a pool table don’t make a pleasant company because a pool cue is a pointy object that can accidentally poke the membrane.Other things to watch out for include hard chemicals that can be accidentally splashed onto the surface or used for cleaning the ceiling, and exposure to extreme temperatures and humidity.
In case the damage has been done, most likely your stretch ceiling will need to be replaced altogether. However, in some situations it’s possible to repair it. A tiny crack or puncture may be patched with adhesives and painted over, but to fix something more serious you should call or message your freindly professional installers so that they may approve your plan or do something else.
Compare prices offered by the largest companies on the stretch ceiling market
Customers recommend Ceilings UP Group!
We measure the monthly level of customer loyalty by NPS index
We would recommend
Probably would recommend
Not willing to recommend
on the white membrane